This History of the Casino Golf Club has been prepared as part of the Club Centenary Celebrations since the first Committee was formed on 6th March 1905.
A Committee Les Isaac, Debbie Low, Dianne McLennan, Loretta Transton, Katharine Wiltshire and Secretary Manager Graham Martin, has compiled the history. The typing has been done by Dianne McLennan.
Members of this Committee have undertaken research of the Club records. A search of local papers held on microfilm at the Tweed/Richmond Library and Southern Cross University has been done particularly of the period between 1905 and 1920 as the Golf Club have no Minutes or records of that period.
From 1920 to the present day the Golf Club holds press cuttings and Minutes, however unfortunately there is a decade there the Ladies Club Minutes have been mislaid.
Many present and former Members of the Casino Golf Club have made contributions by personnel contact.
Combined with the Richmond Valley Council, funds have been made available towards the Centenary celebrations by both men and ladies sections of the Casino Golf Club.
The Committee has enjoyed preparing this historical record and hope you will enjoy reading it.